The Google Dance is Back: Google Algorithm Update (“Dewey”)
I feel like I’m writing an awful lot about Google lately. Add this one to the list I guess.
You may have noticed some changes to your rankings or listings with Google lately. I know that the results for “Amplify Interactive” have changed quite a bit, and quite frequently over the last several days. Changes for US have included:
- Brand new “sitelinks” for our listing (that’s what they call the sub-links for the 1st result)
- Our blog has gone from an indented listing to a full-fledged 2nd result
- Better competitive positioning – a little online reputation management work has paid off, companies with the same name as us are even further down the page (though we haven’t pushed them entirely off the 1st page yet)
However, the results keep changing. I’ve searched a couple of times this week, and the page has changed quite a bit. I’m not sure if it’s entirely settled down yet.
You can read more about the update here:
- SE Roundtable “Google’s Cutts Asking for Feedback on March/April ’08 Update (“The Dewey” Update)
- SE Land “Google Update Dewey – Google Confirms Algorithm Change”
- Webmaster World Discussion “Update Dewey: April 2008 Google SERP Changes”
In the meantime, to keep from pulling your hair out, I suggest you ignore your Google rankings for at least a couple more days. If you just can’t wait – this server at Google used to be the one to show the freshest results from Google during the monthly ‘dance’, and would give a pretty good indication of where things would end up eventually.