The Best Keywords Ever
How do you determine what keywords are going to get you the most traffic, clicks, and conversions? According to Stoney deGeyter, contributing writer for Search Engine Guide, keyword success depends on the campaign goals. In a perfect world, every marketer would like to have all of the above. But this world is far from perfect, so you’ll have to settle one or two goals.
There are a number of statistics that can help guide you through the keyword selection process:
- Search volume (high or low)
- Number of search results for a keyword phrase
- Number of search results that use the phrase in the title
- Whether a competitor uses a particular phrase etc.
Don’t get too focused on the numbers though. To effectively hone in on keywords or phrases that will rock your campaign, you need to select:
- Keywords that target your audience
- Keywords that get traffic
- Keywords that get conversions
Selecting keywords is similar to a puzzle. You need to have all the pieces to make it work.