Ryan’s PPC Playlist: New Years Edition
How’s you new year’s resolutions going? I use to set new year’s resolutions but stopped because my list started to look like this list. It always felt so cliche to me too. I like setting goals in life but usually just do it throughout the year.
I’ve scoured my Google Reader this month to filter out the stuff that will help you take your PPC campaigns to new levels this year. Read on and optimize…
Amplified Gold Posts
- Build Stronger PPC Relationships: Communication with clients is critical in an agency role. After working at an agency for almost a year I’ve learned how big of a disconnect there can be between clients and agencies. Take some tips from this great post.
- 6 Reasons to Bid on Branded Keywords: From our own Ben Lloyd. There are always blog posts about bidding on branded keywords. Ben does a really great job of summarizing multiple reasons to bid on branded keywords.
- 5 Resolutions for PPC Ad Testing: This is my own post from earlier this month. If you have not read it yet, check it out. Learn some tips on improving your ad testing.
Amplified Platinum Posts
- Tips For Managing Negative Keywords: Negative keywords in an account can get out of control. Learn some tips on ways to manage keywords more effectively.
- Top 5 Tips For Effective Landing Page Testing: Are you running landing page tests? Save yourself some time and pain by reading this post. I’ve learned a few of these tips the hard way.
- Why Overreacting To Data Is a Bad Thing: Overreacting to data is another lesson that I’ve learned the hard way. Never assume a generic expensive keyword is NOT providing value. Many times these keywords assist towards a conversion further down the sales funnel.
Amplified Diamond Posts
- 7 PPC Resolutions to Keep You Focused and Inspired: This article contains some great recommendations that will help re-energize your approach to PPC campaigns. Anybody managing PPC campaigns can take away some inspiration from this post.
- Key Points From Frederick Vallaeys Interview: Frederick Vallaey is the Adwords product evangelist. This interview has some great insider knowledge on the direction Adwords is going and tips to optimize your PPC campaigns.
What’s a post you read in January that you bookmarked or saved? Share in the comments.
Here are a couple tunes that I’ve really enjoyed lately. The first one is a single off The Black Keys most recent album. I did not see the video until recently and it’s a must watch.