Ryan’s PPC Playlist: The 9 Best Posts for November 2012
Do you ever feel overwhelmed with all of the blogs your supposed to read? Or struggle keeping up with all of the changes from Google? Don’t worry. I scanned hundreds of blog posts from the last 30 days in the industry and selected the best 9 posts from the last month to ensure you stay on top of your PPC game. Also don’t miss my personal music playlist at the bottom of the post.
Amplified Gold Posts
- The Danger of Having Narrow Keyword Themes : This post is a great reminder of the importance of keyword research and emphasizes that you shouldn’t get too focused on one theme. You need to be as exhaustive as possible and after that still have broad match keywords in your campaigns. It’s a good read.
- Making large-scale changes faster and easier in AdWords : I love Adwords adopting features I love in Adwords Editor into their online interface. It’s good to see bulk editing available online. Check out this post from the big G.
- Unlearn 5 Misconceptions about AdWords Campaigns : Yes, please read this and unlearn these ways that PPC managers make managing campaigns more difficult than it needs to be.
Amplified Platinum Posts
- How To Easily Manage & Test Millions Of Ads : If you want to learn advanced PPC tactics, just read every blog post from Brad Geddes. This latest post is no exception. Brad provides some creative ways to use Adwords Labels to test ads. If you are struggling with testing ads this is a must read.
- 5 Ways to Get Your Client to Like You (and get bigger budgets along the way) : Over on the SEOmoz blog there are some great tips on improving client relationships. I’d suggest client relationships are the #1 reason agencies lose clients and NOT performance. Read on.
- How to Find Long-Tail Keywords: 9 Ways to Discover Long-Tail Terms : I find keyword research to be difficult and VERY time consuming. Wordstream offers some new places to look for keyword inspiration. Read and enjoy.
Amplified Diamond Posts
- Applying The Theory of Sets In Match Types : This post goes into great depths comparing math theory and paid search keyword match types. It provides some great thoughts on ensuring you have the right balance of keyword match types in your account. Put on your math pants and see more.
- The Changing Economics of Google AdWords : Wordstream is another must read blog for paid search. They have been crushing it lately with all their infographics. This infographic includes great stuff but what I liked best was benchmark data by industry.
My personal playlist…
I’ve been listening to and enjoying the most recent album from the Imagine Dragons. Here’s one of my favorite songs performed live: