Ryan’s PPC Playlist: Become a Master of Your Domain
I’ve been doing paid search for over 6 years now and I learn new strategies and tactics all the time. If you want to stay on top of your game it’s important to keep up on all the recent news and information available. As usual I’ve done all the hard work and filtered all the blog posts to find the must reads. Check out the 8 best PPC posts from the last 3 weeks…Ryan at Portent
Amplified Gold Posts
- Relevant, Actionable & Timely PPC Feedback: Better Decisions, Better Results: Howie shares a great acronym to measure feedback, R.A.T.(relevant, actionable, and timely). Not that we need another acronym in internet marketing but this one is worth remembering.
- How to Use Excel to Estimate New PPC Account Performance: I find estimates without accurate data(please improve your tool Google) to be frustrating but unfortunately you need to start somewhere. This article shares different methods for setting a baseline for new campaigns.
- Two Easy Ways To Leverage The Search Funnel: This post offers great advice on how to use conversion assist reports to ensure you don’t pause/remove keywords that appear to be high cost and low conversion keywords. I’ve unfortunately made this costly mistake in the past.
Amplified Platinum Posts
- 6 Deadly Sins of Data Visualization: Stop using ugly graphs and charts to present data. Ian Lurie, with his usual snarkiness shows 6 things to stop doing to make your data more compelling.
- Have Close Variants Increased Your Leads by 55 Percent?: I’ve been resistant to opt into the close variant change from Adwords. This post makes a strong argument to test it on a case by case basis. I was surprised by the data.
- How To Go Picasso On Your Data With Conditional Formatting: I think most people cringe when they hear the word spreadsheet (I have the opposite reaction.) Annie shares ways to make your spreadsheets more visual stimulating by using conditional formatting.
Amplified Diamond Posts
- Use Auction Insights to Report on Competitive Pressure: This is the best post I’ve seen on how to use the relatively new Auction Insights report in Adwords to identify and react to competitors strategies.
- Awesome Memes Explain the Basics of PPC: This post literally made me LOL. All the PPC memes used are hilarious. It’s an awesome combination of humor and education. Plus I learned that Teddy Roosevelt rode a wild moose across a river(pic included.)
My personal playlist…
I love this new single, Madness from Muse. I’m excited for the release of their new album in the near future.