Jessica’s Social Media Hodgepodge – May 2011
You may have noticed a theme in our posts recently. Yes, Amplify Interactive is doing specialty round-ups! And this, my friends, is my social media gift to you. The goal: to keep you, dear reader, up to speed on the world of social media marketing. Hopefully, once I’m in my round-up groove, this will become a weekly adventure, but until then, pull up a chair and a nice cup of joe, and let’s get started.
Recommended Playlist for This Roundup: Today’s Radio Hits – Slacker Radio
- Almost 1 in 5 smartphone owners use check-in services.
- Android has almost a 10% lead on Apple for the smartphone market share.
- Android’s Check-In lead is less than 3% compared to Apple.
- Official website located at http://www.google.com/think/insights
- “Think Insights represents the ongoing work we’re doing to better understand how people use the web, and how marketers are adapting to this changing terrain.”
- First feature is about mobile trends, but the site also includes hundreds of other studies.
- Shows how to use an RSS reader to build a social media dashboard in 5ish easy steps.
- Track News & Blogs
- Track Wikipedia
- Track Tweets, Comments, and Discussions
- Optional Tracking (eBay, Craigslist, WatchThatPage,
- What About Facebook and LinkedIn?
- Facebook has its own version of PageRank to determine if your post will show up in users news feeds.
- Social Media Examiner features six tips on how to increase your EdgeRank with the people who like you.
- Storify allows users to make stories using social media content and these stories can then be embedded on their websites.
- My favorite Storify: Man Tracks Stolen Laptop Hundreds of Miles Away, Calls Thief
- As of April 25th, Storify has opened its doors to anyone.