Jessica’s Social Media “Likes” – 07/06/2011
In this track of “Jessica’s Social Media ‘Likes’” – Twitter Town Hall, LOTS of Google, Facebook Video Chat, some pretty Infographics, and more. +1, if you please?
- The first Twitter Town Hall occurred Today, July 6 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time or 11:00 AM for those of us on the West Coast.
- President Obama answered questions from Twitter users about the American economy. These questions were selected both in advance and in real-time during the event.
- To learn more about this event, visit http://blog.twitter.com/2011/07/twitter-town-hall.html or visit http://askobama.twitter.com to see what was discussed.
- The Google+ Project, their most recent attempt at a social network, was released on June 28th in Google’s typical invite only fashion.
- If you haven’t received your invite yet and want to learn more about Google+, view the Google+ Project Overview or view the video below.http://youtu.be/xwnJ5Bl4kLI
- Already there are a ton of great articles about the project and it’s implications for Social Media. Here are a few I’ve read so far:
- Social Media Examiner: How to Get Started with Google+, Your Complete Guide
- Chris Brogan: How to Blog with Google Plus
- Business Insider: Google’s Launch Of Google + Is, Once Again, Deeply Embarrassing — Facebook Must Be Rolling Its Eyes
- Search Engine Watch: Google Must Focus on Sharing with Purpose, Not Privacy
- Search Engine Watch: Google+ “Re-Share”: A Privacy Loophold
- Google announced on June 29 that Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics will now support tracking of the Google +1 button, as well as other social buttons like Twitter and Facebook.
- Facebook announced today that they will be partnering with Skype to incorporate video calling in their current messaging system.
- This feature will be rolling out to everyone over the next week, but they are giving people the option to start using the service now by visiting http://www.facebook.com/videocalling
- They have also expanded their current messaging system to allow for Group Chat..
- Have you been wanting to share your stumbles on your website? Well, now you can!
- Simply visit the Stumble Upon Widget Creator and stumble away.
- The Geosocial Universe infographic from Jess3 has been updated for May 2011.
- To compare the data, take a look at the first Geosocial Universe at http://jess3.com/geosocial-universe.
- Twitter is now giving its users the option to receive email notification when someone you follow retweets or favorites one of your tweets. This adds to Twitter’s previous notifications for direct messages.
- This functionality can be enabled or disabled within your twitter settings
Oh, MySpace was sold. If anyone out there cares…
Do you “like” something that I missed? Add it to the comments below.