Amplify Interactive February Update
Hereâ€™s the latest in whatâ€™s happening @ Amplify Interactive the best search engine marketing agency in Portland, Oregon
Amplify Interactive News
The team took a night off and we all went to dinner and a Winterhawks game together late in January… In typical fashion – I didn’t take any pictures except this one of Christian & his wife Jess with Tom-A-Hawk. We also got a wicked huge piece of artwork for the office from a friend of mine that we’re babysitting for a few weeks – really livens up the place eh?
- Polygon Homes in the News: “Successful Home Sales in the Suburbs” that talks about Polygon’s success in home sales despite the down market
- Congratulations to Coyote Point on the launch of their new product – the Equalizer GX
- Tripwire announces amazing growth in 2008
Unfortunately, we aren’t allowed to disclose our latest three additions to the client roster… But we’re hoping to be able to make a couple of announcements next time around. We are pretty excited about a few potential agreements that we are working on right now as well. So fingers crossed that 2009 will be looking really good for us pretty soon.
Upcoming Marketing & Networking Events
SEMpdx SearchFest 2009 is coming up. SearchFest is Portland’s only all-day search engine marketing (SEM) conference, and is among the biggest SEM conferences in the Northwest. We are proud of the fact that we can bring in speakers that you will only see by traveling to out-of-town and much more expensive events. Don’t believe me? Check our line up against SMX West and Search Engine Strategies – they both charge as much as $1,995 dollars for many of the same speakers you’ll see at SearchFest for as little as $179.
SEMpdx has done an amazing job of putting together this year’s event. Our keynote presenter is Danny Sullivan – often referred to as “The Godfather of Search” – he’s even got his own Wikipedia page. Basically, what we’re saying is that you DO NOT want miss this event. Follow the link for more information about SearchFest and get the “Partner” rate when you use this discount code to register: BOARD-SEMPDXSF0920
Weâ€™ll be participating in or attending the following events
- 2/11 (TONIGHT): SEMpdx Presents Web Analytics Wednesday
- 2/18: PDX Mindshare
- 2/19: Ben is doing a Webinar for OEN “Capturing Market Share in a Recession with SEM“
- 2/24: SEMpdx Webinar: You Can’t Go Home Again: Usability in a Search-driven World
- 3/10: SEMpdx Presents SearchFest 2009 Featuring Danny Sullivan
In Case You Missed It
- We’re Kind of a Big Deal! Ben was quoted in Portland Monthly about the state of the SEM industry
Our most popular blog posts last month
- Why Are There Two Search Boxes in Google? (This is a post from March 2008? Looks like it got a lot of StumbleUpon traffic in January for some reason… We’re intrigued and investigating.)
- Building an SEO Foundation for Your Site – Content Optimization
- Keyword Research Directly Impacts Your SEO Success
- Twitter essentials
- SEO for PR
Amplify Interactive – Client Testimonial
“In early 2007, Adaptis selected Amplify Interactive to help us with our corporate website redesign project. The Amplify team started making a positive difference in our web identity almost immediately. They identified changes that we could implement quickly and for very little cost, allowing us to improve our current site while we were still working on the new design. Amplify Interactive, was great about answering questions and explaining some fairly sophisticated SEO concepts in a way that our team was able to understand and, more importantly, incorporate into our new site. The Amplify team had well-thought-out, useful suggestions for us every step of the way, from designing the site map to keyword usage in copywriting all the way to designing a favicon for our browser bar. The site metrics reports and analysis that [they] provided enabled us to make informed decisions during the redesign stage.
Our new site debuted in May of 2008, and I am very pleased to say that we have seen a strongly positive trend in our site metrics, such as a minimized bounce rate and increased traffic to our identified key pages. Additionally, we consistently show up in the top five search results for our selected keywords in Google, Yahoo and Microsoft Live searches. Simple site metrics are fairly easy to get â€“ what the Amplify team brings to the table is the ability to analyze the metrics, provide insight and interpretation of the numbers and suggestions on how to improve your future results. We would strongly recommend the Amplify team to anyone looking to improve their web presence.”
Scott McLeod – Director of Sales – Adaptis
I think thatâ€™s it for this update. Thanks for reading this far about our little Portland Oregon SEM Agency!